“The sector we work in is one with an acronym. And there starts the problem. It’s the WASH sector – the water, sanitation and hygiene sector. It is cluttered with jargon. We who are in it are barely aware of the impenetrability of our discussions for outsiders. The jargon is not a problem at the conferences where we all get together or in the reports we write and share with sector peers. But it is in engaging with the rest of the world. This is where we get the great support from Writing Services. Through their copywriting and editing they help us in making our content concise, engaging, straightforward and accessible for the rest of world. And they do that very well.” Petra Brussee, Head of Corporate Communications, IRC
It’s exciting for us to be copywriting regularly for an international client – especially one with such an important mission. IRC is an international water charity that’s working to create and establish water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) systems that transform lives.
We’ve worked with IRC on a number of projects, initially in conjunction with leadership consultant Marc Jaffrey, and our commissions in 2018 have seen us:
• copywriting for, and giving guidance on restructuring a refreshed website;
• copywriting and editing a ‘mini’ promotional brochure to explain the organisations framework strategy
• copywriting and editing its 2017 Annual Report
This builds on our previous work:
• editing its Framework Strategy for 2017-2030 & related website copywriting
• editing its funding proposal document to the Dutch Government’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation (DGIS)
• copywriting for its new consultancy website, IRC Consult
• editing the organisation’s annual reports for 2015 and 2016
And our first pieces of work for the organisation in 2013:
• copywriting the organisation’s mission, vision, and values for its website
• editing a PowerPoint presentation and fundraising brochure targeted at potential international funders
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.