“Anita is professional, efficient and innovative. Her work has made a huge difference to our communications with our supporter audiences, and we’d be very happy to work with her again.” Sophie Scott, Communications Manager, Youth Music.
The Youth Music Network website is an online community for people working in music education and community music. It is run by Youth Music, the children’s charity which uses music to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people.
The ‘Resource Packs’ section in the ‘Learning’ area of the Network was under-used, and a little daunting for readers. Many of the packs were lengthy, or in a complicated format, and some weren’t really ‘resources’ at all, but more like blogs, articles or research reports.
Sophie Scott, Communications Manager, asked Anita to work with her over two months to undertake a review of the section and make strategic recommendations for updating and rationalising the section, and simplifying the navigation tools.
She carried out:
- an analysis of the current content
- user research with seven users, using an interview script based on common user testing questions and principles
She then wrote a report that included:
- a proposal for future resource pack creation and an editing strategy
- suggestions for the technical improvements required
- a sample layout for one of the new-style resource packs
The report is feeding into a wider website review being undertaken by Youth Music and its online community design agency, Bright Lemon, with a view to a relaunch in 2015.